, , , ,

Tutorial: Handmade Daybook With A Sewn Spine

OK lovelies, finally here it is...

my tutorial on how to make your own Daybook using your sewing machine to bind the spine!

It is very easy to put together, but if you still have any questions, feel free to email me :-)

But first here's what you'll need:

  • Paper trimmer / scissors
  • Bone folder
  • Border punch
  • Circle cutter
  • Adhesive or double-sided tape
  • Paper clips or paper binders
  • Transparency (I used a 12" x 12" piece from Fancy Pants Designs)
  • At least 5 different pieces of double-sided patterned paper (I used The Sweetest Thing Collection by My Mind's Eye)
  • Doily, tag (and any other embellishment that you want)
  • Sewing machine / coordinating thread / heavy needle (100/16 sized needle)
Step 1:




Step 2:



Step 3:



Step 4:



Step 5:



Step 6:



Step 7:



Step 8:



Now let's start sewing:











Check out -->this<-- blog post to see the entire book finished.



And don't forget to come back on Thursday for a video tutorial for Saturated Canary You Tube Channel.

Thanks for stopping by!!
Share:

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic tutorial on machine sewing. Good tip on using the wheel instead of the foot pedal. Thanks for sharing the super cute book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic instructions Yani. I have been thinking of making my own one, and now I really want to have a go.
    Hugs
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Espectacular el tutorial!
    Mil gracias por compartirlo.
    Abrazos, Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amiga Yani as always tus creaciones estan Amazing. Tu tutorial esta Sensacional. Habia visto recientemente ideas de como hacerlo pero tengo que decir que el tuyo me encanto.
    Gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this book but do not have a sewing machine. Will try to hand sew and hope for the best

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me gustó y lo voy a tratar. Gracias por el tuto.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yani this is so gorgeous and I am honored to have been the recipient of it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! I really appreciate it :-)